LOCATION: ST. JOHN’S
Reporting to the Accountant, the Accounting Clerk will have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy. The Accounting Clerk can expect to handle communications with vendors, members, and internal departments, assist with inventory, database, and record maintenance, prepare financial reports, issue checks and making deposits, and generally ensure that the office operations are running smoothly. You should be professional and courteous with strong computer skills and a thorough understanding of accounting and financial principles.
To succeed as an Accounting Clerk, you should be a skilled multi-tasker with excellent time management, computer, and communication skills. Candidates should understand and abide by all accounting procedures and principles and have a commitment to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process accounts Payable invoices and receivables in a timely manner
- Record and deposit dues and other receipts
- Process payment of expense claims
- Review and process time sheets for payroll
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodations
- Co-ordinate conventions and seminars
- Prepare dues spreadsheets for posting
- Communicate with other staff, vendors and NAPE members
- Prepare variety of spreadsheeting reports
- Assist in preparation of budgets
- Assist in preparation of internal Financial Statements
- Minimum 2 years’ previous accounting experience
- Minimum 2 year Diploma in Business/Accounting Program
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office – Advanced skills required in Excel Spreadsheeting and Formulas
- Experience with Sage 300 Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Payroll
- Experience and training in Payroll Administration
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in written correspondence
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as with little supervision
Comprehensive salary and benefits package in accordance with the Staff Collective Agreement.
NAPE is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from equity-seeking groups.
This position is open to external candidates and closes on Friday, July 29, 2022
Please submit a letter of application and resume, SUBJECT LINE: ACCOUNTING CLERK JOB POSTING to:
Submit a letter of application and resume marked CONFIDENTIAL – JOB COMPETITION AND ADDRESSED TO:
Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Public & Private Employees
P.O. Box 8100
St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
Fax: (709) 754-0726